It’s the new year. What does that mean? Well, time to set goals… and then forget about those goals and give up. I kid. But, really… I use the start of the year to set challenges for myself. Mostly crafty/art challenges. In 2011 I attempted 52 weeks of photos. I did not finish it. I think I was too strict with it. I missed a couple of weeks, and I decided to give up. This challenge will be different. I’m allowing myself to skip ahead a week if I want, miss a week and make it up later. Whatever.
Basically: this challenge is to get me drawing for myself. I do a ton of custom illustrations and never seem to find time to draw for myself and improve my skills. Practice makes perfect (or at least better). I was inspired by the MANY 30 day drawing challenges online. I just don’t have the time to draw something once a day. Once a week (on top of my other custom orders) is better.
This first week is “Your Choice”. I chose to draw a visual of my 52 Weeks of Drawings themes. Nothing fancy. Simple drawing for the 1st week of 2013. Next week: Self Portrait. Do you want to set some crafty/artsy/photography goals for yourself? Are you looking to improve in these skills? Would you like to join me? Well, I’d love to have you. You’re more than welcome to use my 52 weeks of prompts below.
The start of a new year. 2013.
1. Your choice: This first week of the year is usually pretty busy, starting off with something simple.
2. Self portrait: Draw yourself.
4. 4-legged friend
5. Profile: I always draw a face straight on. What about the side view?
6. A tool you need: Scissors? Pencil? Hammer? Fork?
7. Something you love: What do you love?
8. Your name: Draw out your name. Stay simple or go elegant! Whatever.
9. Fave book: draw the book itself, or a scene from the book.
10. Inspire: Draw someone or something that inspires you.
11. Favorite place
13. Framed: Frame something.
14. Brand new
15. Two: 2 the number, two of something, twins?
17. Fave animal
18. Candy land
22. Family portrait
24. Animal personified
26. Hybrid animal: Get crazy.
28. Movie scene: Favorite movie scene?
29. Sea creature
30. Crafty: Thread, knitting, sewing, whatever.
31. A collection
32. Odd superpower: What’s the most ridiculous superpower you could have?
34. Married couple
35. Fairy tale character
36. Something nearby
38. Street lights
40. Farm animal
41. Details: Up close and personal.
42. Comic strip: Tell a small comic strip story.
44. Sweet treat
46. Vegetable or fruit personified
48. Fave food
50. Historic figure
51. Self portrait: start with a self portrait, end with a self portrait.
52. Your choice
You can link up your 52 weeks of “whatever artsy crafty challenge” you want to do below. Instead of coming back and linking a new post each week, maybe sharing a specific post that collects all your drawings (or the category/tag link) would be best. I’m looking forward to seeing your drawings/photos/crafts. Happy New Year!
P.S. If you’d like a hashtag for twitter or instagram, you can use #PM52Weeks. I’ll be wandering that hashtag. <3 AND, you are more than welcome to share my 52 Weeks of Drawing above, as long as you link back to my blog.