I don’t know why it took me so long to actually make a pom-pom, but now I’m a pom-pom pro. It turns out it’s pretty easy to do and requires very little supplies. I recently needed some poms for a project I made, and had to teach myself how to make these tiny fluff balls. I took some photos along the way and I thought I should share how to make mini pom-poms with you.
Supplies needed to make a mini pom:
1) Wrap your yarn around the tines of the fork a few times. The more times you wrap the yarn around the fork, the thicker and fluffier the pom will be.
2) Cut out a small piece of twine. Slip the piece of twine through the center tine, wrap the twine around the yarn, tighten the twine and tie a knot around the yarn.
3) Grab the scissors and cut right and left sides of the yarn.
4) Pull the pom off the fork. Fluff up the pom with your hands.
5) Use your scissors to shape the pom-pom, and you’re done!
Repeat all the steps above to make more.
If you make some poms, I want to see your project!