The roll up bun. Recently: I’ve been wearing my hair like this NON stop. It’s simple. I love it. ::side note: ummm, it’s also great when you just don’t have time to wash that hair, yup:: SO after some research online, I’ve discovered that this hair style is pretty much identical to to an old style: the Gibson Roll (check out this Gibson Roll mold, I’m very interested in purchasing this for more volume).
Anywho, here’s how to do it:
– Grab you hair (like you’re making a ponytail) and twist.
– Fold that twisted ponytail over and roll it into your hair (see image above).
– Pin it. With MANY bobby pins an secure with hair spray. Something I recommend: spin pins. These work SO well for this hair style.
– Well for a “short hair” look, you can stop here. OR, add a couple of pins to each side behind the ear to pin it back.
– You can now decide if you’d like to add a hair wrap, or not. On rainy/busy days… I add a wrap. I have a big collection of vintage scarves….. and, I also have some fabric I like to roll up and use (like my green checkered goody above).
– That’s it! You’re done.
The Images above share another way you can start the roll up bun. Is your hair just wont stay with just rolling it, start it as a ponytail. Make sure the ponytail is low and at the nape of your neck. Pull down the hair tie a few inches, grab the pony tail and pull it up through the center of the hair (see where arrow is pointing on image). Then, continue onto rolling your hair and pin. Enjoy!