This post is sponsored by HP.
I never realized how simple it is to make a homemade bath soak until recently. With Mother’s Day coming up I thought this would be a wonderful gift for my mom. She loves a comfortable and relaxing bath, so this would be perfect. Epsom salt and baking soda baths are traditionally used to improve well-being and relieve joint pain, plus the peppermint will energize while the ginger provides a refreshing effect. It’s very easy to make, here’s how you can do it:
- 1 cup unscented Epsom salt (Epsom salt can be found at most grocery stores in the health section)
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger (purchased from a store)
- 8-12 drops of your favorite essential oil (I went with peppermint)
- 1 glass jar that can hold 1 1/4 cups of bath soak (or 12 ounces)
- Bath Soak printouts: Blank Labels or Bath Soak Labels
- Scrapbook adhesive
In a bowl, combine the Epsom salt, baking soda, and ground ginger. Mix well.
Add 8-12 drops of whichever essential oil you chose. The more drops you add, the stronger the smell will be. I put in 12 drops. Mix very well.
When your mixture is ready, spoon your bath soak into the jar.
Print out the bath soak tags. There are multiple sizes and two different shapes. I’ve also included some blank tags. Cut out the tags you’d like to use on your jar. I chose a blank circle tag for the top and the small “Bath Soak, Handmade” rectangle for the label on the side. I chose to write “Peppermint & Ginger” on the top so my mom would know what sort of bath soak I made for her.
Attach the tags to your jar using the scrapbook adhesive.
- The bath salts should keep for about a year in a cool, dry space.
- Optional: Put together a whole gift basket to celebrate your mama for this holiday. I put in some hand cream, almond lotion, almond soap, and a bit of chardonnay for a relaxing spa day for mom.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post from HP. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. There are affiliate links in this post.