Day 5 of the 50 DIY Days of Christmas: It’s party season! Time to wear all those fancy things you hide away during the Summer. Sparkle jacket? yes. Painted Party Tights DIY? Ummm, yeah! Beautiful Christmas sweater with all the bows? Woo! Let’s start with those tights. You can paint your own! Of course you can buy them, but why not make some pretty custom pieces for yourself!
– Tights (I used Hanes because they last)
– Acrylic paint
– Painters tape
– Plastic wrap
– Some sort of cylindrical item (I used a wipes case)
– Try on your tights. Use a pencil to mark the spots on your knees. Take them off.
– On a piece of paper, draw the shape you’d like to have on your tights!
– Tape some plastic wrap onto the cylindrical item (so the tights are easy to remove).
– Put your tights onto the cylindrical item. Tape the Saral Paper (red side down) onto your tights. Tape your drawn shape over the Saral Paper. Trace your drawn item with your pen. This will put a red line for you to follow from your drawing.
– Carefully paint on your shape. Let dry completely (maybe a couple of hours).
– I suggest waiting to wear these until the paint has cured for about 24 hours. JUST in case.
– Optional: make it SUPER easy and skip all the steps above. Want some polka dot tights? Perfect. Pull your tights onto a roll of wrapping paper (make sure the paper is wrapped in plastic). Use a small circle sponge to pop on polka dot spots. Wait 24 hours and wear. Ta-dah!
– Go to a party wearing your fancy tights.
To keep up with the series, click here or on the image below!
P.S. I do have a couple of spots open for the DIY Days, so if you think you have the perfect project to share send me an email. First, check out theDIY/Submission section in my FAQ’s for a bit of post submission info. If you’d like to reminisce in the past 50 DIY Days of Christmas… here you are:2011 & 2012.
This post is sponsored by Hanes. All opinions expressed within are 100% my own. Visit: https://www.facebook.com/HanesHosiery for style tips, trend alerts and additional information on Hanes Legwear.