Ever wonder what to do with your leftover party invites? Hmmmm? Well, wonder no more. I have an answer. Don’t just toss them… make a paper strip garland and treat toppers! It takes barely any time and is way too simple.
– Paper (leftover invites, scraps of paper, maybe magazines?)
– String (length is up to you)
– Hot glue gun + glue sticks
– Paper cutter (saves lots of time)
– 30 minutes of your time
– Cut out as many strips as you need (2 needed for each topper) at 4 inches x 1/2 inch.
– Glue two of those strips together (with the pretty designed paper sides facing out).
– Bend the glued strip of paper in half… with a slight angle to it (see photo below).
– Glue the folded strip onto a toothpick.
– That’s it!
Paper Strip Garland:
– Cut out as many strips as you need (2 needed for each strip) at 4 inches x 1/2 inch.
– Laying one paper strip flat, squirt a small glue strip on the paper and over the string, quickly lay the second strip of paper on that. Continue on with this until you’re happy with the length of your garland. I spaced my pieces roughly 2 inches apart.
– You’re done! Now it’s time to hang. I suggest twisting the string a bit to get the papers to stick out at different angles.
Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated, but the content is all my own.