Disclosure: Lowe’s Home Improvement provided me with free products in exchange for this post of Our Colorful Small Space Patio Makeover. All opinions are my own.
It’s the first day of Spring, so to celebrate I wanted to share our Our Colorful Small Space Patio Makeover that my husband and I put together with the help of Lowe’s! It turned out great and I love spending time back there. This project took longer than expected to finish, but we are done and we are happy. We’ve spent many evenings sitting out there roasting marshmallows by the fire, and when the kids are in bed we enjoy some wine late into the evening. It’s been so nice to finally have a space in our backyard we can actually enjoy.
The bits and pieces to build this backyard:
- DIY Outdoor Sofa Hack: This DIY is for anyone that wants to build a large outdoor seating area with minimal building skills. No pressure to build a stunning outdoor piece from scratch. Lowe’s sent us two of these conversation sets and we transformed them into those lovely sofas you see above.
- How to Incorporate Hidden Storage in the Backyard: While planning our backyard makeover we made sure to plan for multiple spots that could hide everyday outdoor items from view. Our large wood planter does just that. It’s tall and hollow and it’s the perfect spot to hide weatherproof containers. Check out how we built it!
- These are the colors I used to add a pop of color to our yard: The colors from Sherwin Williams: Flora & Fauna HGSW 1086, Cadence HGSW 1181, Fore and Aft HGSW 1324, and Capri HGSW 1353.
- Do you love my chandelier? I made it! You can head over to this post to check out my DIY.
Before and After:
Our yard is now so full of color and I smile each time I’m back there. Want to see where we started from? It’s quite the dramatic change. A couple of years ago we had an eyesore garage in the backyard. It was threatening to fall over so we took it down and that gave us so much room to set up a comfy outdoor space.
More backyard details:
Do you want to shop the look? Check out the list below of the products I used in our backyard makeover:
- conversation seating sets
- orange resin chairs
- a modern fire pit
- string lights
- square blue pillows
- large resin planter
- short resin planter
Such a crazy difference! What do you think of our colorful small space patio makeover?
Disclosure: Lowe’s Home Improvement provided me with free products in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Thank you for your support.