I’m so excited to be here and share a cute little ornament DIY with you today!
I made these last year as gifts and people absolutely love them. I kept one for myself and it’s tacked on my bulletin board above my work space as a cheerful little decoration. It’s relatively simple to do and a perfect activity to tackle while sipping tea and watching a movie.
– red, off-white, and light brown felt
– off-white embroidery thread (and needle)
– red and off-white regular thread (and needle)
– small scrap of ribbon
1. Cut out a small oval from the red felt and another small oval from the off-white felt.
2. Thread a large needle with the embroidery thread and stitch little dots onto the mushroom top. What I do is stitch three little dashes right next to each other. You can also google french knots or other embroidery tricks if you want to get fancy.
3. Place the mushroom top and stem on top of the brown felt and pin it down. Cut out around the mushroom so you have about a 1/4 inch border. You’ll want to do this twice so you have two identical brown pieces of felt.
4. Stitch the mushroom top and stem onto one of the brown pieces of felt using a straight stitch. Use red thread for the top and off-white thread for the stem.
5. Stitch both brown pieces together using a blanket stitch, leaving a gap at the top for the ribbon. Slide the ribbon in between the two pieces of brown felt and stitch across using a straight stitch to hold it in place.
6. Hang it as a little decoration for yourself or gift it to a friend! 🙂
Thanks for having me Chelsey!
Thank you SO much to Erika from Rouge and Whimsy! What a LOVELY guest post. What a sweet little mushroom! 😀 Thank you for joining my 50 DIY Days of Christmas!
Leave a Comment
Categories: 50 DIY Days