I’d like to introduce you all to my new ongoing series: Get to Know a Mama. This is a chance to get to know some of your FAVE mom bloggers!
To kick off this series…
Get to Know a Mama: Tia from Christopher and Tia.
– How about the link to your favorite post: I just went back into my archives, and every time I’d collect a link to what I thought might be my favorite, I found a new link to replace it. So, here is a link to all of my favorite posts- http://www.christopherandtia.blogspot.com/search/label/myfavorite
The following are questions from readers…
– Assuming you didn’t have 3 kids… what would be your dream car? Oh I’m really not much of a car person. At all. My first car was an 1976 AMC Pacer that my dad picked up for $25, and I always felt like a badass in that. Um… I’m actually kind of in love with my Honda Odyssey? I feel like I should be embarrassed about that, but I’m not, haha.
– Do you like to ride roller coasters? I’m actually terrified of rides. I don’t like the “I’m falling” sensation. I have a hard time going on even a simple playground swing.
professional what would you do and why? My current profession?? Does being awesome count? Har har. Ok but seriously, I haven’t worked in years. I had a part time job when Eleanore was a baby, working at Lane Bryant. It was nice, getting out of the house and having a reason to put on makeup. The extra money didn’t hurt either, but- with our lifestyle, working just isn’t an option for me. If I could do anything, I think I’d like to be a photographer. I almost feel embarrassed saying that, knowing 20398089 people who have said the same thing, but- really, taking pictures makes me happy.
do you think it negatively or positively affects your lives? It all started the week after giving birth to my daughter. I’m not going to say that my pregnancy and/or c-section were the direct cause, but- after childbirth, my body was the never the same again. I saw doctors for my unexplained weight gain, headaches, and fatigue, and nobody could help me. Literally, I was prescribed fiber and anti depressants. It took years of doing research on my own, listening very carefully to my body, and lots and lots of trial and error. Its only been about a year that I’ve had control of things. And I’d have to say for sure, my food allergies are a total blessing. I’ve never been in better health than I am right now. Both physically and mentally.
– What can you tell us about eating gluten-free? Its expensive, and in order to do it the right way (the healthy way), its time consuming. I spend hours in the kitchen, daily. Baking is the hardest. Everything has 20 more ingredients than it would in a “normal” recipe, they all cost 10x as much, and when looking at the batter, you’d swear that you did something wrong, and on that instinct, mess with it, and end up ruining it. Basically anything and everything that you ever learned about baking, is worthless- you have to start back at square one. When I find a good recipe, I KEEP IT. My kitchen cabinets are covered in recipes. Some on post it notes, some on notebook paper. If I find something that works for us, I tape it up on the door to the spices, so that I never forget.
allergies? Mexican food. All of it. Burritos, and tacos, and- beans. I miss beans, you guys. I miss beans so bad, sometimes it brings me to tears. And can you imagine cooking without tomato? Think about all of the things that you and your family typically eat. How many of those recipes contain tomato? Stews and spaghetti, and pizza, and- its agonizing.
– When you’re all done making babies are you going to get one big
“tribute” tattoo for the kids? I’ve thought about this a few times, but I haven’t decided on anything yet. I figure I’ve got years to plan out exactly what I want, so I’m in no hurry. I do hope to get something for all of the kids though, yes.
– Where did you meet Christopher? I met him while he was working one of his last nights at the Taco Bell drive thru. I ordered a crunchwrap, and when I pulled up to the window to collect my order, I told him “you’re pretty cute”. That was the very first time I had ever hit on a guy. Ever. And it payed off 🙂
– What bases are on your dream sheet? This is kind of a weird question, since we’re at an in between place right now. See, Christopher’s enlistment is up in a little less than 2 years. But, a year from now, hes eligible to re apply for his re training. Hes currently working in aircraft maintenance, but wants to cross train into something else. So I guess whats on our dream sheet kind of depends on whether he cross trains, or stays in hydraulics. IF he stays in hydraulics, we’d like to go to either base in Washington state (to be closer to friends and family), we wouldn’t mind going up to Alaska, maybe Idaho, since Christopher has some family there. IF he cross trains, we’re hoping to get sent to an AFB in northern California. We haven’t even touched his dream sheet in months, knowing that either way, we probably won’t leave Dyess for another two years.
– How did you feel when Christopher enlisted? Did you know at the time
that you’d be in it (the military, that is) for the long haul? When Christopher signed up, it was mostly because we needed to. We were pregnant, I was unemployed, we couldn’t afford anything more than top ramen, and we had no medical. One night when we were lying in bed, going crazy with the stress of not having a future, I suggested that he join the military. And when he asked me “what will you and the baby do?”, I simply replied with “we’ll come with you”. He went to meet with a recruiter the next week, and everything after that just fell into place. It turns out, it was the very best desicion we could have made. I can’t even tell you how much we’ve changed, over the last 4 years. And yes, we’re in it for life. We had originally planned to sign up for 6 years, and then move back home. But now that we’re here and we’re in it, we’re staying.
– If he deploys, will you stay in TX (or whatever base you are at?) or
move back closer to where you might have more help on a daily basis? When Christopher deploys, we’ll stay wherever we are. I used to say that I wouldn’t dare stay here alone, but now that we’ve lived in Abilene for going on 4 years… this is our home. I imagine no matter where we end up living, it will be the same situation.
– If Eleanor had been a boy, would SHE have been called Charlie or did
you have a different name? Aww, cute question! We never picked out a name for boy-Eleanore, had things have turned out differently. Or maybe we did, but- I don’t remember what it was, so it must not have been very good, haha. We didn’t come up with Charlie, until Charlie was halfway done cookin’.
TWO MONTHS AWAY! On August 9th, my dears. And really, its only a few weeks ago. The waiting game is fun, right? Heeeeee.
– Do you know how good a mommy you are? Oh my goodness, who asked this question? Please, come over to my house and let me bake you an entire pan of brownies and give you an hour long foot rub. Really though, thank you. I try my best, and I hope that I’m doing something right.
– Can you clone Charlie? Haha. Did April ask this one? He IS a pretty cute baby, isn’t he? I can’t clone him (bummer), but I can document his every move until he gets old enough to tell me not to. And even then, I can still do it, right?
AND, thank you to everyone that asked Tia these questions. That means you: Beka, yobokitty, CourtneyKeb, Yellow House, Lacey, Megan, Maggie, Miss Rachel, Carrie, Nen, Bomdigity, Chelsea Robbins, SillylittleLady, Alygatr, xonichole, and The Momma.
Go visit: Christopher and Tia.
Just a little reminder…
This weeks photo challenge: Yellow…
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway: 5 winners! Ends June 30th.
I hope you enjoyed! Don’t forget to vote for your favorite photo!
I love this, I love Tia 🙂 Great questions too 🙂
fun fun fun!! 🙂
Love finding out things about fellow bloggers! I love Tia and her blog already! And, yes Tia, I DID ask if you could clone Charlie!! hee hee
I love this post! Im a follower of tia and have always loved her blog! I adore the look of your blog it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! SUPER CUTE
Aw, I loved that! Wonderful idea:)
LOVE the new look of your blog! sooo cute! the picture of Rauri in her yellow is just too sweet! also, love this new get to know a mama theme! fun fun, i feel like i really know tia now! 🙂
YES!! I love this feature! Can't wait to see who you showcase next! Cool idea girl! And I'm SO glad you like your headbands!!! You gals are gonna be so cute in them!
wow… wonderful post. It was nice to get to know you just a little bit better Tia.
this was super cool! you just forgot to ask her what her blood type and social security number was? just kidding. i liked it a lot!
o.m.g. waht a fab blog! Love the photos that go along w/ her answers!
Wow, Tia deserves a pat on the back just for tackling SO many questions! I thought I knew Tia pretty well, but I learned even more. Until this week, I never knew she played the flute and piccolo. AWESOME 🙂
seriously one of my fav mama bloggers!! thanks for this
Oh wow! This was great! I learned so much I didn't know. No beans or tomatoes? I had no clue. Great "get to know a mama".