I love a good craft party. I recently invited my friends over to paint some wood beads and make necklaces. It turned out to be such a lovely day! Crafting with friends is one of my favorite ways to spend a Sunday afternoon. For this party I bought a bunch of wood beads from Collage (a local Portland craft stop), lots of colorful acrylic paint, and bakers twine for the necklace part. I provided a ton of paintbrushes and they went to town.
It was fun! We ate some lunch and had some yummy milkshakes for dessert (just in case you’re curious, I shared the milkshake recipe below). As a thank you to my friends for coming to play, I gave them each a little goody bag. They had three Starbucks Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™ coupons, pretty nail stickers (those things are so awesome), poppy seeds, a pin from my shop, and some caramel from Rose City Sweets.
If you want to make your own coffee milkshake for the warm weather check out the recipes below. In addition to the milkshake, we also made our own whip cream. It’s not really needed, but I recommend trying it out (yum).
Coffee Milkshake Recipe made with Starbucks® Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™
- 4 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup Starbucks® Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™ – Vanilla Latte
- 1 punch of salt
- Optional: Umbrella Drink Stirrers (free printable here)
Directions for Milkshake:
– Blend ingredients in a blender or stand mixer just until it’s all blended. Don’t blend for too long or the ice cream will melt.
– Optional: it does help to put the milkshake in the freezer for about five minutes before serving.
Coffee Whip Cream made with Starbucks® Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Starbucks® Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™ – Caramel Macchiato
- 1 1/2 tsp milk powder (this helps stabilize the whip cream)
- 1 tiny pinch of salt
- Optional: chocolate syrup
Directions for whip cream:
– Put all the ingredients in a stand mixer.
– Blend on medium to high speed. Blend until the whip cream has stiff peaks. Your whip cream is done here, or you can keep it in the freezer for a few minutes while you make the milkshake (see next step).
– Optional: place the whip cream in a plastic bag and seal. Put the bag in the freezer for about 10 minutes. When you’re ready for the whip cream, cut the tip off one of the plastic bag corners. Squeeze the coffee whip onto the milkshake and maybe top that off with chocolate syrup!
Want to win some goodies? Ok! One lucky winner will win 3 complimentary Starbucks Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™ coupons AND (cause you guys went crazy for this prize last time) a Polaroid z2300. Yup. To enter, check out the Rafflecopter entry options below:
Do you do any crafting parties with your buddies?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Starbucks Coffee Company. All opinions are my own.
Giveaway Rules: No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. Open to legal US residents eighteen (18) years of age or order, except employees and the families of Bellalimento.com (“Sponsor”) or any company or agency responsible for the sweepstakes or any prize provided (“Sweepstakes Participants”). Enter by posting comment on the Site and filling out the Rafflecopter entry form May 30th, 2014 – June 13th, 2014. A winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries. The prize is 3 Starbucks Discoveries coupons and one Polaroid z2300. One entry per person, per email address. All determinations by Sponsor are final. Winners will be notified by email and must respond within 48 hours or another winner may be chosen. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. No cash substitutions for prizes and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable except at sole discretion of Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Entrant’s name and entry may be used for promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. Winners release Sweepstakes Participants from all claims and damages associated with the Sweepstakes and use of the prize. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Winner is responsible for any taxes on prize.