Day 29 of my 50 DIY Days of Christmas: Mini Elf Doughnuts! I love doughnuts. My kiddo loves doughnuts. I’m sure my dog would love doughnuts too, if he wouldn’t die after eating them. Pretty much: they are the best.
You know who else really really loves doughnuts? Elves. Yeah, elves need doughnut love too. That’s what these Mini Elf Doughnuts are for. It also happens to be Elf on the Shelf time! We do that around here, so I think our elf (Cheetah Angelina is her name) will be making Mini Elf Doughnuts sometime next week.
– Store bought frosting
– Trader O’s Cereal (or something similar)
– Optional: a poker chip for a plate
1. Pick out a dozen similar sized O’s.
2. Grab the frosting and toothpicks. Use the toothpick to scoop up a small amount of frosting and spread it onto the O’s. Don’t worry about covering the hole of the O, we will fix that soon.
3. Pour a bit of sprinkles into a little dish (or cup your hand and pour there). Dip the frosted side of the O’s into the sprinkles.
4. To open up the hole of the O’s, use a toothpick and poke it through from the frosted side of the doughnut hole and scrape any excess frosting off the bottom.
5. Set aside and the frosting will get harder after a couple hours.
6. Place your Elf Doughnuts on a poker chip to serve. I glued a small base to the bottom of my poker chip to make it look like a cake stand.
You got it! These would be fun to make for one of your Elf on the Shelf mornings! And, don’t limit yourself to plain ‘ol O’s. There’s chocolate and rainbow colored O’s out there. Have fun!
This DIY is brought to you by, Inappropriate Elf Contest (over at Baby Rabies)! You could win an iPad. Seriously. Check it out!
Categories: 50 DIY Days