Day 25 of my 50 DIY Days of Christmas: Modern Tree Advent Calendar! You know what time it is? It’s advent calendar time! This year I made a calendar that’s very easy to create. Well, maybe it’s not really a calendar… It’s more of a forest of paper.
A couple weeks ago Silhouette contacted me and asked if I’d like to try out their super awesome cutting machine. Immediately I said “yes!” out loud, then realized I should probably respond through email and not just yell at my computer. If you haven’t already guessed, I
like love paper. I’ve been dreaming of my own Silhouette forever. I like cutting paper by hand, but sometimes there are either too many things to cut, or something is too small. Okay. Time to make your own advent calendar!
– Printable Advent Numbers (right click + save)
– Scissors (or use your Silhouette machine)
– Hot glue
– Scrapbook adhesive
– Print out your cones. You’ll need 25, so choose which cones are your fave. I chose a nice mix of patterns/colors. Maybe you want all one color? Hmmm, totally up to you!
– Cut out your cones. You can use a Silhouette machine to cut out the cones, or just use scissors.
– Print and cut out your advent calendar numbers. If you have a Silhouette machine, cut out 1 – 25 numbers (font is LeckerliOne). I cut out my numbers about 1 inch high.
– Roll your cone cutouts into cone shapes (the curved portion is the base). Use your hot glue to adhere the edge.
– Use the scrapbook adhesive to attach your numbers.
– Arrange your lovely Chirstmas tree cones wherever you’d like them to sit (mine will be hanging out on my fireplace) and carefully add your advent surprises under each cone.
– Enjoy and start your countdown on December 1st!
Okay, here’s an awesome sale Silhouette wanted to share with my readers! They are going CRAZY with discounts for the holiday season. These sales start TODAY and go through December 8th. You’re not going to find better prices for these goodies. Enter the code: PAPERMAMA at checkout. Here’s what’s happening below:
(1) A Silhouette CAMEO®, Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software, a dust cover (the color is decided by Silhouette), a $25 download card, a hook, a scraper, a spatula, and a pick-me-up® tool for $229.99. Retail price for all of this would total $406.93 (over 40% savings!)
(2) A Silhouette Portrait®, Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software, a dust cover (the color is decided by Silhouette), a $25 download card, a hook, a scraper, a spatula, and a pick-me-up® tool for $129.99. Retail price for all of this would total $286.93 (over 40% savings!)
(3) A Silhouette CAMEO®, a Silhouette Portrait®, and two $25 download cards for $299.99. That’s right: If you buy a Silhouette CAMEO® at full price, you get two $25 download cards and a Silhouette Portrait® ABSOLUTELY FREE! Retail price for all of this would be $406.93(over 40% savings!)
(4) 40% off consumable products at silhouetteamerica.com. This excludes machines, subscriptions, download and gift cards. Cannot be combined with any other offers. Rain checks not available.
(5) FREE SHIPPING on orders over $25.
Again, to get the discounts you have to enter this code at checkout: PAPERMAMA
Have a wonderful and beautiful Thanksgiving!
To keep up with the series, click here or on the image below!
P.S. If you’d like to reminisce in the past 50 DIY Days of Christmas… here you are: 2011 & 2012. I was not paid for this post, but Silhouette did send me a Silhouette Cameo in exchange for a blog post.