The 4th means fireworks. Fireworks mean fire. Kid doesn’t like fire. Sorta a good thing for me, but makes it difficult during firework season. So, that’s what the Kid-Friendly Sparkler Wand is for. I don’t want her to feel left out while we play with sparklers. It took me 5 minutes to make and I used all items I already had around the home. Bam.
– Paper straw
– Crepe or tissue paper
– 2 pipe cleaners (I only had one silver and one blue, so I worked with what I had)
– Hot glue
– Optional: Washi tape
– Roll out about 4 feet of crepe paper. Fold the paper into roughly 3 inch sections. Cut the looped parts. Snip one end of the crepe pieces to make 2 inch strips. ::see image below::
– Pick out one pipe cleaner to fold 5 points to make the star portion of the wand. Tie the end together to make the star.
– Push the other pipe cleaner through the straw. Tie one end of the straw pipe cleaner to one side of the star. Adjust the star and tie the pipe cleaner to the other end of the straw to secure it. Optional: use some washi tape to cover the tied pipe cleaner portion.
– Hot glue the crepe paper pieces to the straw just below the star. ::caution: hot glue is hot::
– Optional: wrap some washi tape around the crepe paper frills to secure/cover glue.
– Hand to your kiddo to celebrate the fun holiday!
This shouldn’t take too long to make and costs just about nothin (even if you don’t have all the supplies).