Do you remember my deer paper terrarium from last year? No? Well, here’s a link to my original post (plus check out the photo below).
I had that cute little set up for a year. I loved it (I still love it), but it’s time for a change. That’s why I’ve created my new paper terrarium: over the rainbow. No more deer this year…. time for rainbows, an air plant, and a little blue trailer. Hee.
Even though the deer set up was so cute, I really love my over the rainbow terrarium. Here’s what you need to make your own:
– Glass container (mine is from a thrift store, I think it’s an old outdoor lamp cover)
– Sand (I found my black sparkle sand at a local shop)
– Hot glue
– Prep your glass container. My glass container has a hole in the base. SO, I cut out a piece of cardboard and hot glued it to the inside of the hole (I don’t want the sand to sneak out).
– Cut out a small piece of floral foam to fit at the base of your container. My foam was about an inch thick. Just short enough to hide under the sand.
– Pour in your sand. I had a 5 pound bag (from a local terrarium shop) of black glitter sand.
– Cut out your trailer, clouds, and rainbow. I included multiple sizes for you, so you can choose what works best for your jar. Hot glue your clouds to a bit of wire and all the trailer and rainbow to toothpicks.
– Arrange the paper terrarium pieces in your container. I added a teensy bit of moss (from the deer terrarium) to sit under the trailer. Once you’re happy with how it looks, place your air plant. I made sure to place my air plant in a spot I can easily grab it. Air plants require a spritz of water or a soaking in water about once a week, and water isn’t so great for paper rainbows and paper trailers.
– Set your terrarium in a favorite spot.
P.S. Please let me know if you make this for yourself! I loved seeing the paper deer terrarium creations from last year. You can add a link in the comments.