Bacon Hearts

Hello hello! Last Valentine’s Day I shared my super budget gift for my hubs: heart shaped bacon! Yup! So easy… so simple. And, he loved it! (of course… it’s bacon). I will be making these again this year… you know it! So, I wanted to share how I did this again… that way you can share this goodness with your loved ones. <3

How I made this treasure:
Bacon of Hearts
– 12 slices of bacon
Preheat oven to 400. Cut your bacon slices in half. Use 2 pieces of the cut in half bacon and shape them into a heart on a sheet pan (make sure this pan has sides so the grease doesn’t get all over your oven!). Bake for 18 – 25 minutes (or until done). Serve however you’d like for your loved one. Extra credit if you dip the bacon in chocolate! Yum! This year I think I’ll put these bacon hearts on a yummy homemade ceasar salad.
I do hope you enjoy! P.S. Even the pioneer woman liked my bacon hearts… that made my day. Woo hoo! Let me know if you’ll be making these!

Here’s the original post if you’d like to check it out.

• Dani on said:

Does the pan need to be greased? I tried these and they totally stuck to the pan and broke to pieces. I thought they'd produce enough on their own. I want it to work so bad!

• The Paper Mama on said:

I've never greased the pan, but maybe you could give it a try? If you use thin bacon it may break easier. I have a store we get our bacon and it's always thicker and floppy (perfect for bacon hearts).

• emily on said:

would chicken bacon work or does it have to be original bacon? thanks!

• Pingback: Valentine’s Schmalentine’s….Let’s Just Eat! | Crunchy Hot Mama

• Pingback: Bacon St Patricks Style

• vivian on said:

Once the bacon is baked, does it hold the heart shape?
    I'm not at all bacon-savvy, so I would like some bacon knowledge! (:

• The Paper Mama on said:

It should. BUT, When I buy more "stiff" bacon… it doesn't hold it's shape. That's sounds weird, but more pliable bacon is best. 🙂

• Jen on said:

Ok, I am pretty cooking illiterate…. How would you dip these in chocolate? Since they are just laid on top of each other to bake, wouldn't they fall apart? I LOVE the idea though, we had chocolate covered bacon a few years ago for christmas, they were amazing! I would live to make these for my hubby for Valentines 🙂

• The Paper Mama on said:

Hmmm… well, this will depend on the type of bacon. I have had issues with some bacon being too… tough? It wouldn't hold it's shape. You'll need floppy bacon. That will work best. Press the intersected bacon heart parts together. Baking should "glue them".

BUT, I feel if you're dipping them in chocolate you might want to use a skewer to hold it together. Soak your skewer in water for about an hour (so it doesn't burn in the oven) and skewer the intersected bacon parts. Bake. Dip in chocolate. I hope that works! Good luck!

• Donna on said:

My nine year old daughter and I are making these for my husband this morning for breakfast. He will love them!! Thanks for the idea!

• Pingback: Alright Guys… | MooseInChartreuse

• Pingback: Love, Love, Love « The Budget Maven

• Pingback: Love, Love, Love « The Budget Maven

• Quinn on said:

Do you think this tecnique words for the bacon roses, too? I want to make both for my husband.

• Pingback: Mommon Sense for Valentine’s Day | Mommon Sense

• Catherine on said:

Made these tonight and they were a huge hit. Thank you!

• Pingback: Menu plan–February week 3 « Behind the [Kate]Ball

• Sharon on said:

I’m making these out of turkey bacon cause we are dieting and putting dark chocolate on them. Can’t wait. Thanks

• Brad on said:

Cant do it this morning I work third she works first, have to make them this weekend to make up for it.

• Diana on said:

I made these bacon hearts for my hubby's Valentine's Day breakfast. You can see that post here. I linked to you!

• Jessica on said:

I made these this morning along with heart shaped pancakes and heart shaped eggs. Sadly I overcooked the bacon and they came out as very small crispy hearts. Oh well next time I will turn the temp of the oven down. My boyfriend still appreciated the effort. Thanks for the great idea!

• rubia on said:

I tried. I failed. Then again, I tried on the stove top. I couldn’t get good shapes. But honestly, who is going to reject bacon in any shape??

• Jessy {Fairytale Frosting} on said:

Thank you for this great idea! I made them this weekend for our Valentine’s Brunch. Mine didnt turn out nearly as nice as yours though! I linked back to you on my post today. If you’d like to stop by and check it out, here’s the link:
    thanks again for the inspiration!

• Jessica on said:

I am making these tomorrow morning for breakfast with heart shaped pancakes, strawberry jelly and strawberries cut in half 🙂 Thank you!

• Nick on said:

These are awesome! I actually made something really similar for my wife for Valentine's day, except that I used heart-shaped metal cookie cutters to form my bacon hearts. Then I covered them in chocolate of course!

• The Paper Mama on said:

Heck yeah! Those are awesome!!! I love chocolate covered bacon. Yum!

• PK @ KneeDeepInGrace on said:

Men's breakfast and prayer meeting at our church, every Tuesday morning. Making these for 40, tomorrow! =)

• Jessica on said:

This is a great idea! ALL men love bacon, and food is totally better than a cheesy craft (in my opinion). Thanks so much for the idea! 🙂

• Pingback: Valentine’s Day for Meat Lovers | How I Waste Time

• Andrea on said:

Awesome. I’m totally doing this on Tuesday morning! <3

• Mindy on said:

This is going to make my boyfriend’s morning on VDay! So excited.

• Diana on said:

These are awesome! My hubby is going to be THRILLED when I make them for him. I host a weekly meme called Thematic Thursday. Each week has a theme and this would be perfect for this week’s Valentine’s theme.

• Pingback: Stumbling Over Chaos :: Linkity has eyes like limpid pools

• Pingback: Craving > Sweet on Sugar Cookies Plus Valentine’s Day Hearts | foodiecrush

• Natasha on said:

I have bacon in freezer that I meant to cook up, but never did (I'm not a fan of cooking bacon). I'm so excited to finally cook it up on Valentine's day! This looks nice and simple and my husband will love it!

• Tabitha on said:

That looks amazing. So trying it tonight.

• Pingback: Bacon Hearts, Stuffed Pretzels & Baked Oatmeal with Raspberries & Pistachios Delicious Links | My Blog

• Jen on said:

what a great idea, I am going to make this for my 5 year old who loves bacon and all things "heart" shaped 🙂 Thank you for sharing!

• Sandi on said:

My local pizza shop is selling heart shaped pizza pie! I think the bacon hearts will be an amazing topping!! Thank you!

• NaomiAnselmo on said:

Ummm I'd actually like to be given a plate of these myself, haha!

• candice on said:

Just pinned this so I can bake some yummy goodness on Valentine's Day! I'm sure my DD will get a kick out of it too. 🙂

• Elizabeth on said:

LOVE this idea! I was planning on surprising my husband and girls with a Valentine's Day breakfast…already got stuff to decorate the table, but hadn't figured out the menu just yet. This will definitely be a part of it! Thank you for the awesome, but frugal idea! =)

• Heather on said:

Ooh those look so good!! Congrats about the PW liking them too!! The original post link appears to be broken. 🙁

Leave a comment!