My Mom Lists: It’s Cloudy with a 90% Chance of Wine
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and that got me thinking about motherhood. Being a mom is exhausting and amazing all at the same time. Before I had kids I had unrealistic ideas of what it would be like to have a baby and run a business from home. When I was pregnant with my first daughter I assumed when she was born I could put her in the bouncy chair while I finished my work. Now I’ll tell you how that all worked out: It did not.
Let’s just say that a glass of wine at the end of the day is very welcome. To really dig deep into what it’s like to be a mom I poured myself a glass of melt in your mouth JaM Cellars Butter Chardonnay and wrote out a couple of “mom lists”.
Being a mom means:
- You walk into a room to grab something and immediately forget why you are in that room.
- There’s a 90% chance you’ve put the milk away in your cupboard instead of the fridge.
- Diapers are more likely to fail while holding a baby.
- Sneezing is now a risk.
- You have a sudden fear that you forgot your child somewhere and then remember they are with the babysitter.
- The kids are bathed, clothed, and fed. You are two days without a shower, in pajamas, and can’t remember if you ate.
- You check the time thinking the day is almost over… and it’s only noon. That Butter wine will have to chill a little bit longer.
With all of that said I should also include:
- Being a mom is rewarding.
- The best moment is when your kid hugs you and says, “I love you!”.
- Watching my girls grow up into mini humans is so cool.
- It’s fun to notice how much they look like my husband and I.
- They are little comedians and I love it.
- My oldest and I can chat about our favorite books.
- I’ve never loved anything more than these two kids.
- And I truly do love a glass of chilled Butter Chardonnay.
Thank you to JaM Cellars, from all us Mom’s, for making bedtime even more exciting. Head over to their site for Butter Chardonnay on JaMCellars.com for more inspiration.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my mom and wine memes. Feel free to share and enjoy with all of your friends. If you could make a meme for your life as a mom what would it say?
Do you want to be the first to get news, shop discounts and freebies?
Sign up for my newsletter. There are special treats just for my email subscribers. Head over here to sign up!
Disclosure: I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website.