You might have noticed that I haven’t been blogging too much. I’ve just been feeling a sort of burnt out the past couple of months and needed a break from the internet. I didn’t leave completely, but I cut back a lot. I’ve realized that I have been blogging since 2008, and I was starting to feel like I was in a rut. This usually happens to me about once or twice a year and I take a week off, but this time I did not want to work on my blog at all, and barely did anything blog-related for 2 – 3 months. So I stepped back and I am feeling a little more refreshed and I’m ready to get back to it.
I think a break is important every once in a while, and it gives me time to really figure out what the heck I’m doing. I LOVE blogging. I LOVE creating stuff. I LOVE talking to myself in blog form. Ha. This whole blogging thing is a ton of work (done mostly by one person) and I had to step back and put some thought into what I’m really doing with my bizzness. Below are just a few ideas that have been rolling around in my brain for some time, plus I have an assistant and I want to introduce you to her:
- Share your projects with me on Instagram using the #papermamafriends hashtag: One thing I like to do with my free time is to wander the internet and instagram and check any cool projects you guys are crafting. I also love to see it when a reader creates one of my projects. I’m telling you, it’s awesome. Use the #papermamafriends hashtag in instagram to share your projects with me! I may share them on IG and my blog.
- What to do around Portland page, coming soon: I’m often asked what to do in Portland and I always seem to draw a blank. Not anymore. I’m gathering my favorite restaurants, fun spots, and other random places to share on my What to do in Portland page.
- More free printables: for the past couple of months I’ve spent a bunch of my time creating fun things for you to print for free. I’ll be sharing them in the next few weeks.
- New friend here on The Paper Mama blog, Colleen Zarate: She’ll be around to help me with email and some other blogging goodness. She’s very sweet and talented and I’m so happy to have her on the team. Yay! Click here to learn more about her.
- Kiddo room makeover: the room is finished and I’ll be sharing it soon! Check out my inspiration post to see the goodies I picked out.
- More ideas for the home: coming soon!
See you around!
Glad you're back! Breaks are good for the soul.
They totally are. Thank you.
I'm happy to hear you feel better and more motivated 🙂
Yay! Glad to see you back. P.S. Colleen's website looks so great!
She's pretty talented.
You have a very good blog, I like it very much! Keep on blogging please 🙂
Thank you. 🙂