//Homemade Crepes with Nutella//Annie’s Grandma’s Fresh Peach Pie// Toasted Coconut Lime Bars//
Hello friends! I’m not sure if you noticed, but I have a lovely lady contributing an extra bit of lovliness to my blog. You’ll see her around once a month. Last month she shared a very sweet how-to make rainbow cupcakes plus a rainbow cupcake topper. Who is she? Melissa Bahen, from Lulu the Baker. So, I was thinking… I know who she is (she’s a fellow Oregonian), but you may not. Well, I asked her 11 random questions. She answered below. Also, be sure to come back on Monday for her next post! It’s awesome.
1. Are you a cat or dog person? Or, bird person?
I’m a dog person all the way. I’m allergic to cats and they really freak me out! That thing about cats eating you if you die…um, no.
2. If you HAD to move to a different state (or country) where would it be?
I love Hawaii. Who doesn’t, right? My family actually lived there for a few years when I was little, and we’ve always sort of considered it our special place.
3. Are you a winter or summer person?
I’m a Summer girl all the way!! I love the sunshine, I love swimming, I love getting a little tan, BBQ’s, homemade ice cream, playing outside all day, road trips…pretty much everything about summer.
4. What makes you happy?
5. You are at a rural retreat lodge somewhere deep in Wisconsin or Canada. You are approached by a taxidermist who hands you a stuffed badger and asks you to put it in your lap. What do you do next?
I throw it off my lap and go wash my hands! Taxidermy=super creepy!
6. What was your first job?
I worked for my dad for lots of summers in junior high and high school, but my first non-nepotistic job was at a flower shop. I took orders and swept the floor.
7. Are you a morning or night person?
I really wish I could say I was a morning person, but I’m just not. I stay up way too late and love sleeping in.
8. List 5 items on your life’s to-do list:
First: See the Northern Lights Second: Travel to Europe Third: Own a second home on a beach somewhere. (I could only think of 3!)
9. Share one thing that people may not know about you.
I CANNOT dance in public. In the privacy of my own home, I dance all over the place, but I get in front of other people, and I just can’t do it. Like physically can’t do it. It makes me feel like I’m going to die, lol!
10. What is your all time favorite song, movie, and book?
I LOVE old musicals. Oklahoma and Meet Me in St. Louis are my two favorites. And I could watch Hugh Grant movies all day long and not get tired of them. About A Boy, Two Weeks’ Notice, etc. LOVE!
11. Do you have any hidden talents?
I’m a pretty good piano player, and I fake the cello pretty well.
Have a great weekend!
–Melissa, Lulu The Baker
Tags: Contributor, lulu the baker, melissa, questions