Have you been wracking your brain to come up with the best graduation gift, instead of your typical card with money? Well, I have an idea for you: The Fortune Cookie Cash Jar. Make that graduate work for the cash. It’s a unique way to celebrate a new step in life and a little bit of money always helps. Ready to create this? Let’s go!
- Fortune Cookie Template printout
- Fortunes printout
- Congrats Labels printout
- Zots Adhesive Dots
- Glass Jar (I found a 1/2 gallon jar at a thrift shop)
1. Print out all three printables: the Fortune Cookie Template (print as many pages as you need, I printed four), Fortunes and Congrats Labels.
2. Cut out your the fortunes you like (the final sizes of each fortune should be about 4 inches wide x 1/2 inch high).
3. Cut out the fortune cookie circles, from the Fortune Cookie Template.
4. Pinch a line about 1 inch long onto the center of a fortune cookie circle.
5. Fold your dollar (or whatever cash you’re using) to be about 4 inches wide by 1/2 inch high.
6. I’ll refer to the left and right side of the 1 inch folded line as sides “A” and “B”. Place your fortune and folded dollar perpendicular to the 1 inch folded line (the a-b line).
7. Fold together sides “A” and “B” (see photo below).
8. Here’s the fun step: With sides “A” and “B” touching, push in the center of the 1 inch folded line. Put one Zot adhesive dot (you can use hot glue, but the zots are quick and easy) and squeeze together. You now have a paper cash fortune cookie! Yay!
9. Pick out which color/size Congrats label you’d like for your jar. Cut it out and attach the label with a couple Zot adhesive dots. Fill the jar with your fortunes and give this gift to the lucky graduate!
This gift would also be perfect as a birthday, wedding or even a baby shower gift!
I want to see what you’re making! Share your creations with me in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram @thepapermama!
I was paid to create this post for HP Create.