Last year, yes a year ago, I gave myself a challenge. I challenged myself to draw something at least once a week. I LOVE to draw because it’s relaxing for me… just me and my sketchbook. The thing is, I didn’t make it. I didn’t draw each week. I drew a LOT in the 2013 year, but it was never for my challenge and I sort of just dropped it. I’d really really love to stick with it this year (the full list is below, and I plan to link to each post as I go along).
I drew this little prompt drawing (above) in January 2013 to inspire drawing ideas. I’m going to go with it again.
1. Your choice: This first week of the year is usually pretty busy, starting off with something simple.
2. Self portrait: Draw yourself. ::See Below::
4. 4-legged friend
5. Profile: I always draw a face straight on. What about the side view?
6. A tool you need: Scissors? Pencil? Hammer? Fork?
7. Something you love: What do you love?
8. Your name: Draw out your name. Stay simple or go elegant! Whatever.
9. Fave book: draw the book itself, or a scene from the book.
10. Inspire: Draw someone or something that inspires you.
11. Favorite place
13. Framed: Frame something.
14. Brand new
15. Two: 2 the number, two of something, twins?
17. Fave animal
18. Candy land
22. Family portrait
24. Animal personified
26. Hybrid animal: Get crazy.
28. Movie scene: Favorite movie scene?
29. Sea creature
30. Crafty: Thread, knitting, sewing, whatever.
31. A collection
32. Odd superpower: What’s the most ridiculous superpower you could have?
34. Married couple
35. Fairy tale character
36. Something nearby
38. Street lights
40. Farm animal
41. Details: Up close and personal.
42. Comic strip: Tell a small comic strip story.
44. Sweet treat
46. Vegetable or fruit personified
48. Fave food
50. Historic figure
51. Self portrait: start with a self portrait, end with a self portrait.
52. Your choice
I’m starting my 2014 challenge off with #2. Self Portrait. I drew this bearded lady version of myself this week. I look pretty good with a beard, no? Hee.
If you join me, please share a link to your drawing in the comments below!