Put in contacts.
Tell yourself to NOT put jammies back on… but do anyway.
Feed yourself and the kid.
Get your kid dressed and accessorized + hair brushed.
Work a little.
Play. Work. Play.
Realize it’s noon and my jammies are still on. Also notice I didn’t brush my hair.
Make myself get dressed/wear the makeups.
It’s a well-known Chelsey-fact: I’m happier and more ready for the day when I actually TRY to wear “real” clothes. Not jammies. Not the jeans from the floor + a t-shirt. Don’t get me wrong, I also enjoy jeans and a plain tee… but dresses make me feel more fresh and happy. I love dresses, pretty shirts, and shoes. All the shoes. SO, that’s why I made my “Dress up at least 3 times a week” rule. I don’t always want to do this, and I’ve still gone 5 days IN A ROW wearing jammies, but when I follow this rule my whole day is better.
I know it’s just a bit of make up and a cute dress with adorable shoes, but it’s apparently what I need in this crazy life. Before I had my kiddo, I would never leave the house without some mascara (and definitely not in my pajamas). That’s just not reality for me now. I mean… wearing my nice clothes means more laundry and that I also have to actually try, when it’s so much easier to stay in the pajamas. So, my small goal to wear “nicer” clothes and makeup at least 3 times a week works. I know my hubs enjoys it. P.S. I love the Almay Color + Care™ Liquid Lip Balm. It’s a nice break from lipstick, which usually dries out my lips, but this lip balm does not.
That means 3 times a week I add this to my routine:
– Pick out a cute outfit, and actually put these clothes on.
– Put on mascara.
– Put on some lipstick or lip gloss.
– Go about my usual day.
I also try to make one of my 3 days land on the weekend, since my hubs and kiddo are there to hang out with and aren’t in their jammies. Ha!
So, Almay wants to give one of you a special treat for coming by and reading. Answer this question in the comments below to enter to win a $100 Visa gift card:
“How do you get your favorite weekend look?”
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/31/13-8/27/13.
Be sure to visit the Almay brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win!