Day 9: Today I’m sharing a simple homemade apple chips recipe! Only two ingredients. These little treats are delicious! My kiddo calls them “Dessert”. They would also be perfect to give as a hostess gift. Here’s how I made it:
- 2 Apple (Honey Crisp’s are perfect, since they’re so sweet)
- Slice up your apples. You’ll need them all to be about the same size. You could use a mandoline, but if you don’t have one use a knife (and try and cut them all the same size).
- Optional: cut out the cores. You don’t have to, but I like to.
- Sprinkle on some cinnamon and rub it into the apple slices.
- Place your apple slices on a baking sheet, and place in a 190 degree oven.
- Now, let them bake for 3 – 6 hours. That’s quite the range of time, but it will depend on how thick your apple slices are. Test them out every 30 to 60 minutes.
- When your apples are ready, pull them out of the oven and let them cool. Place them in an airtight container (a jar, perhaps) for storage.
- You’re done!
You can share this with your family for a treat, or add a gift tag and share them as a gift for a hostess!
To keep up with my 50 DIY Days, click here: