Day 13: Yes! The No Sew Bow! I’m sure you’ve seen these little sweeties wandering the Pinterest world… I wanted to share how I create these sweet little felt bows…. no sewing required! Hot glue! I’m hoping the images above give a pretty good idea of how I create these…. but, just in case… here are some simple directions.
– Hair clips
– Hot glue + hot glue gun
– Cut out 3 strips of felt at these measurements: 3.5″ x 1/2″ and 3.5″ x 1/4″ and 2.5″ x 1/2″.
– Cut out a “v” into each end of the 2.5″ x 1/2″ piece. Set aside.
– Grab the 3.5″ x 1/2″ piece. Squeeze a tiny tiny dot of hot glue in the center. Pinch together (see image above). Next you will fold back each side of the felt and glue to the back of the pinched section (see image above).
– Take the folded bow piece you just created and glue it to the center of your 2.5″ x 1/2″ piece.
– Next take the 3.5″ x 1/4″ piece and glue it to the center of the bow. Fold it around to the back of the bow and glue.
– Finally: glue your finished bow onto the hair clip.
– You’re done! Now, enjoy!
Cost: I already had all these items in my supplies… but, I could guess the cost would be about .50 cents a bow!
Time: 10 minutes a bow.
Leave a Comment
Categories: 50 DIY Days