One of the most simple gifts ever! I love jars. I love putting things in jars. I love drinking out of jars. I like planting things in jars…. And, now: I love making kit gifts out of jars! I’ve seen these sewing kits wandering the Pinterest world…. AND, I had to try it for myself. Christmas is just around the freakin’ corner. Get ready now!
What’s in the sewing kit:
– Pins and needles (on top)
– Safety pins
– Small scissors
– Measuring tape
– Teeny tiny spools of thread
– A thimble
– And, that needle threader thingy (that’s what it’s really called…… ;D)
Supplies to create this:
– A fabulous thrifted jar with a lid
– The center piece of the lid (or, a piece of cardboard can be used if this part is missing)
– A piece of fabric (I used a 10″ x 10″ piece).
– Stuffing for the cushion
– Hot glue gun and glue sticks
– A sweet “made with love” sticker from Pear Tree Greetings.
How’d I do it?
1. Taking the center piece of the lid (or cardboard): pile the stuffing on top and wrap the fabric around…. glue down the fabric to the opposite side of the lid piece. This should create a little cushion! note: don’t put too much stuffing in… it will be hard to do this next step.
2. Take your cushion piece and push it through the lid…. squish it through! You’re welcome to glue it… but, I didn’t need to.
3. Fill your jar with your goodies! Twist on the lid…. put some sewing pins in your cushion. 😀
4. Apply your Pear Tree Greetings “made with love” sticker. 😀
5. Give to a sweet friend this holiday season! I’m giving mine to one of my less crafty friends… I feel she made need a sewing kit. ;D P.S. I made one for me too!
Total cost of creating this sewing kit is: roughly $10. I bet if I did more searching/planning/buying in bulk… I could have put this together for $5! Awesome price for a gift! And, really… who doesn’t need a sewing kit? If I received this as a gift: I would love it… but, I’m weird… sooooo. 😉
Let me know if you try this out! I seriously love to see when my readers try out my experiments. Leave a link in the comments below. 😀
This post is sponsored by Pear Tree Greetings. Pear Tree Greetings has helped tens of thousands of customers celebrate life’s shareable moments with a collection of uniquely personal, high-quality greetings and stationery. Pear Tree Greetings offers a full line of photo cards like Christmas cards, invitations, announcements, address labels, save-the-date cards and dozens of other high-quality paper products, so you can seize every opportunity to connect with others. Custom greetings made simple, affordable, and absolutely keep-worthy.
Leave a Comment