Day 10 of my 50 DIY Days of Christmas: Wolf Mittens. Woof! I made these for my kiddo. It’s getting colder and we gotta keep those little hands warm. Instead of boring little grey gloves, my daughter needed something a bit cuter. The cost of this project was $1. These would be the most adorable gift! Here’s how I made it:
– One pair of mittens
– 2 different colors of felt
– Embroidery thread
– Optional: hot glue
– On a piece of paper, trace a line around one of your mittens. Cut this shape out.
– Draw on the muzzle, thumb bit, triangle nose, and a couple triangle ears.
– Cut out your drawn on face bits. Trace those patterns onto your felt. Cut out the traced felt pieces.
– Optional: Use a couple dots of hot glue to position the felt pieces onto the glove (this will help with the embroidery part).
– Embroider on the felt pieces. Embroider on the black eyes.
– Optional: Cut out a felt heart. Cut it in half and stitch it on the palm side of the mittens.
To keep up with the series, click here or on the image below!
P.S. I do have a couple of spots open for the DIY Days, so if you think you have the perfect project to share send me an email. First, check out theDIY/Submission section in my FAQ’s for a bit of post submission info. If you’d like to reminisce in the past 50 DIY Days of Christmas… here you are: 2011 & 2012.