High five, it’s Friday! For today’s Five Friday Favorites I seemed to have focused on DIY beauty items. Gotta love it.
1) Make your own DIY Shower Jellies! Basically it’s solidified shower gel. Found on Elle Sees.
2) I’ll definitely being trying these DIY Polka Dot nails. Found on the Paper n Stitch blog.
3) Feel refreshed (and smell great) with this homemade Rose Water Face Mist. Found on A Beautiful Mess blog.
4) Do you need some inexpensive bathroom artwork? Here you go. DIY Beauty Artwork. Found on This Fashion is Mine.
5) Do you want colorful hair, but don’t want to destroy your hair? Check out this temporary ombre hair! Found on Studio DIY.
Enjoy your weekend! Woo!
We have this little dog, Mr. Angus. His number 1 goal in his little Chihuahua life is to find food. Whenever he’s not sleeping, already eating, or asking us for food… He’s searching for food. He will actually eat until he can barely walk and he’s in pain. I’ve seen it. He once found his way to a cat food bowl that was larger than him and I found him whimpering by the bowl, on his side with a bulging belly. He survived that, but it’s quite the challenge to keep him from eating the cat’s food. We have two cats that are getting up there in age (one has arthritis), so I needed some sort of table to keep the food away from Angus that wasn’t too high for the kitties to jump up on. I also wanted the table to fit nicely into our small home.
I searched online and I couldn’t find anything that would work for us, so I decided we had to make it ourselves. We made a DIY Cat Food Table and it’s amazing! We made this in the Fall and it works great for the cats and us, plus it keeps our dog away from the grub. Good thing our dog can’t really jump.
It’s very simple to make. We bought all of our supplies from Home Depot (minus the metal cat dish). You’ll need the following to make this for your home:
- A birch plywood board cut into: a matching top and bottom size, matching left and right end size, and a board to cover the back (or leave the back open)
- Wood screws
- Four legs + leg attachment parts
- A metal cat dish (needs to have a lip to work for this project)
Note: I’m not sharing measurements for this project because I think everyone will need a different size, depending on your home and pet needs.
- Cut your boards to size. Measure the diameter of the dish, minus the lip (the lip will need to catch on the hole you cut). Cut the hole in the top board near one of the edges.
- Use wood screws to put the piece together.
- Paint the pieces and let it dry completely.
- You’re done! We have this little cat table in our laundry room. We ended up securing it to the wall since one of our cats is 20 pounds…. But it works great!
Trend: Ideas to Make a Kid Friendly Garden
It’s almost summertime and I’m guessing some of you are beginning to plan out what you will be doing in your garden. What will you plant? Will you be building anything? How can you make the garden more kid friendly? I can help you with the last question. I’ve shared 12 ideas to make a kid friendly garden on the Better Homes and Gardens blog.
Head on over to the original Better Homes and Gardens post to find the full list.
I want to see what you’re crafting! You can share a link to what you’ve made in the comments below, or tag me on Instagram with a photo (my user name is @thepapermama).
P.S. I am a paid contributor for the Better Homes and Gardens blog. The images from the first photo are from Peninsula Kids, My Colortopia, BHG, and The Crafting Chicks.
The other day I mentioned that I had relaunched my online shop a couple months ago, but failed to tell the blog world! I have been sharing shop updates on Instagram, but never on the blog. Well, my life’s been busy! I did have a baby and completely forgot to share that bit of news on my blog. I ran into a friend (I hadn’t seen her in months) the other day and she mentioned checking my blog for news about the baby, but there was nothing on there. She’s not really a social media kinda lady, so she had no idea. SO, I’m here to tell all the non-instagrammers out there: I had my baby!
Willa was born 6 weeks early on December 1st, 2015. She had to hang out in the NICU for 2 weeks so she could grow her lungs and learn to eat without a feeding tube. Those were a couple of the longest weeks of my life… leaving my newborn baby in a hospital each night and barely seeing my oldest kiddo while she stayed with my mom. I shared this NICU journey on my Instagram account and the support was amazing. I shared a ton of photos on IG, but instead of just repeating what I’ve already said on there, I’ll just share some links to a few highlights:
Well, this baby is now 5.5 months old and gaining weight like crazy! She has the most amazing chubby cheeks. She’s still a little behind on weight and milestones, but that’s expected for a preemie. If she had been born on her due date she would be 4 months old as of last week. So, we are patient. Adjusting to newborn life again has been rough on my brain. I can’t seem to keep up with email and work, which is understandable since I have a new baby… but I just miss my normal non-tired brain. Ha! She is sleeping through the night now, but I’m still mentally exhausted.
I’ll try and come back to the blog with some baby updates, but you can also find them on my Instagram.