Disclosure: Lowe’s Home Improvement provided me with free products in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
My Colorful Small Space Backyard Makeover Plan – with Before Photos
I’ve been a little quiet here on the blog because my husband and I have been BUSY. For the past two months we have been slowly prepping our backyard for a makeover! I’ve teamed up with Lowe’s to furnish and build up this space. The great thing about shopping at Lowe’s for our backyard makeover is the great value I found so this project wouldn’t break the bank!
A little background on this project: we bought this house WAY back in 2007 and we had big plans to transform this almost 100-year-old home into a space that fit our style. Well, life happened. We got married. We had a daughter… and then another daughter! Our big makeover plans had to sit on the back burner while we focused on our crazy little family. Fast forward to today I now have an 8-year-old and a 2-year-old. Our home weighs in at a small 950 square feet, so it can feel a bit tight as our kids get older and take up more space. We have finally decided to get serious with fixing up that backyard. Making over this space will feel like we’ve added another room to our home.
What is our backyard makeover plan?
Lowe’s DIY Outdoor Sofa Hack – For Those Scared of Building Furniture from Scratch:
- This DIY is for anyone that wants build a large outdoor seating area with minimal building skills. No pressure to build a stunning outdoor piece from scratch. Lowe’s sent us two of these conversation sets and we are turning all of those separate seating pieces and coffee tables into two large sofas and a dining table. We are almost finished with these and I can’t wait to share the final product.
How to Incorporate Hidden Storage in the Backyard:
- We live in the Pacific Northwest and it rains. It rains a lot. Any storage we add will need to keep all of the items dry. I’ll share how we hide some storage in the backyard makeover. It will fit right in with all of the decor.
Adding More Color:
- I love color and I have plans to add a lot of it to this space. We have added a fresh coat of paint to the chicken coop and our fence is also getting a colorful makeover!
- We have lived with a mostly plant-free backyard for far too long. Get ready for lots of planters with pretty green life.
- Once all of the above is finished we get to decorate! I found some amazing orange resin chairs, a modern fire pit, and a few more fun items to add to the space (all sent to me from Lowe’s).
When this is all finished I’ll share our final set up. It’s going to be great and I can’t wait to sit in my colorful backyard with a toasty fire blazing away.
I’m off to keep working on the backyard. I’ll leave you here with a couple of before images. Three years ago we had an eyesore of a garage taking up 75% of our backyard. We tore that down and added a patio to get ready for this makeover.
Do you want to shop the look? Check out the list below of the products I’m using in my makeover:
- conversation seating sets
- orange resin chairs
- a modern fire pit
- string lights
- square blue pillows
- large resin planter
- short resin planter
Do you have any patio makeover plans happening this year?
Disclosure: Lowe’s Home Improvement provided me with free products in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Thank you for your support.