Day 7 of my 50 DIY Days of Christmas: Baked Brie with Apricot Jam and Figs, from the super lovely Lauren of Love Lola! Today’s guest DIY-er brought you this tasty idea! She originally found the idea here and had to try it! Turns out it’s delicious and she wanted to share it with all of you. I don’t know about you, but I could eat all the brie 24/7. Add some jam + bread… so yummmmy. Check it out:
Baked Brie with Apricot Jam and Figs
1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
1 round block of brie cheese
4 fresh figs, rinsed and chopped
fruit (grapes, sliced apples, pears…)
- Roll out the crescent roll dough into one large, square piece. Ensure that it stays together and does not break into its individual pieces.
- Unwrap the brie and place it in the center of the dough. (And don’t worry about the rind, it softens as the cheese cooks)
- Spoon the apricot preserves over the brie, using enough preserves to completely cover the top and sides of the cheese.
- Fold the dough over the cheese and jam, cutting off any excess dough, and pinching it together on the top and sides so that the cheese doesn’t peek through any holes.
- Place the brie concoction on a prepared cookie sheet (sprayed with cooking spray) and follow the Pillsbury dough directions for cooking the crescent roll (this is usually 350 F for 15-20 minutes).
- When the dough is brown and flaky, remove from the oven.
- Top with the chopped figs, and transfer your masterpiece to a decorative plate, along with crackers and fruit of your choice.
- Serve immediately…otherwise you might be tempted to eat the whole thing by yourself. It’s that good.
This appetizer is sure to impress your Thanksgiving guests. It looks and tastes super fancy, yet its so easy to prepare. But don’t worry, I won’t tell anyone. Hee.
- Lauren, Love Lola
To keep up with the series, click here or on the image below!
P.S. I do have a couple of spots open for the DIY Days, so if you think you have the perfect project to share send me an email. First, check out theDIY/Submission section in my FAQ’s for a bit of post submission info. If you’d like to reminisce in the past 50 DIY Days of Christmas… here you are: 2011 & 2012.
Don’t forget to check out Love Lola and thank her for this lovely brie appetizer idea!