The other day I shared our living room gallery art wall and you may have noticed that we have two framed areas that are specifically for artwork made by our kids. Today I’ll share how you can easily make those kid art displays for your home! It’s easy.
My oldest daughter really wanted a spot to hang her artwork up on the wall and next to all of our other framed art, but it’s insane how much art she actually makes. Taking her creations off the wall and out of the frames and putting new stuff back onto the wall is a pain in the butt… and the art pieces are always odd shapes and sizes. This art display has solved our problems. This is how we did it.
Things you will need to make this DIY Art Display for Kids:
- a large empty frame (mine came from Michaels)
- one or two clips that have holes on the handles (my clips came from Michaels)
- picture hooks
- optional: command strips
How to do it:
- Hang up your frame on the wall. I love using command strips because you can easily remove them without leaving holes in your wall, but if that is not an option use a picture hanger.
- Nail in the picture hooks into the wall. The picture hooks will hold up your clips. I chose to use two clips for each frame so we could hang up two pieces of artwork if we wanted. If my daughter has a larger piece of artwork (like the alien in the first photo) I can just unhook one of the clips and use the top clip to hang the big art, but with smaller art (like the photo below) I have two hooks to hang those small pieces.
- That’s it! It’s very simple to do and my daughter is very proud to have her own art hanging up on our gallery wall. We have two different frames for kid artwork because I know eventually our 15 month old will want her art up there, too.
How do you hang kid art? On the walls? On the fridge? Straight to the garbage…? Just kidding.
Check out my whole gallery art wall over here.
P.S. I use Amazon affiliate links.