Day 36: Mod Wood Advent Calendar DIY
Last year my friend Gina, from Acute Designs, made this very lovely Christmas Advent calendar. I didn’t get to post it until early December, so I thought I should share it again. It’s a super cute countdown and you can use it over and over for each year. I think it would be cute with mini envelopes hanging from each nail. Just put a little treat in each envelope!
- One 36″ x 24″ piece of wood. She chose the most inexpensive option Lowe’s. It was about $8. You can easily choose something larger or smaller to fit your space.
- Paint. Use any color you love! She used the emerald Pantone color from Lowe’s for the tree and gold for the trunk.
- Small nails (to hang the ornaments) and thumb tacks or glue to secure the paper bags.
- 25 small ornaments. She chose to create ornaments in Photoshop (free printable below!), but tiny ornaments from the craft store or Target would also work.
- A few small paper bags to hold the ornaments. She got this at the craft store. You could easily use small envelopes or any other light weight bag that can easily be tacked or glued to the wood.
P.S. This is the 4th year for my 50 DIY Days. If you would like to check out the past projects, you can click on these links (sorry for any broken links, it’s hard to keep up to date with all the posts… always a work in progress): 2011 // 2012 // 2013!
Categories: 50 DIY Days