Biscotti is so delicious. It’s pretty much the perfect goody to partner with coffee. Right? For some reason I’ve never made this yummy treat. I have no idea why since it’s SO easy to make. No joke. The really great thing about biscotti is it’s supposed to be hard. Biscotti originates from Italy and means “twice baked”, and that’s exactly what you do with these cookies. You bake them twice. These cookies can also keep in the fridge for about a week, which makes them awesome gifts. Make them a day or two ahead of time before an upcoming party and package these cookies up as gifts for your guests. Just in case this sounds like something you’d like to do I made some “You’re so sweet!” gift tags (click here to download). To make your own, follow my recipe below.
Pumpkin Biscotti with Starbucks Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™ – Vanilla Latte Coffee Glaze Recipe
Recipe adapted from this Kitchn recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- coffee glaze (recipe below)
Directions for biscotti:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a pan over medium heat, toast the pumpkin seeds until they are lightly browned and fragrant.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, ginger, and nutmeg). In a mixer blend the eggs, pumpkin purée, and vanilla. Slowly blend the dry ingredients into the blender with the wet ingredients. Blend until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Put the dough onto the baking sheet and form the dough into a rectangle shape (about 1 inch thick). This dough is SUPER sticky and will stick to your hands. Put it in the oven and bake for about 30 – 35 minutes, or until the top is a light golden brown. When it’s done let it cool on a rack for about 10 minutes.
- Use a bread knife to slice the log into 1/2 inch thick pieces. Place the biscotti pieces back onto the parchment paper covered baking sheet (cut side facing down). Bake for an additional 10 – 15 minutes, or until the biscotti is firm.
Starbucks Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™ – Vanilla Latte Glaze ingredients:
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Starbucks Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™ – Vanilla Latte
- 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Put the powdered sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the Starbucks Discoveries Iced Café Favorites™ – Vanilla Latte, and vanilla extract to the sugar and mix together. The consistency should be barely runny. If it’s too wet, add a little more sugar. If it’s too dry, add a bit more coffee.
- Drizzle the glaze over the sides of the cooled biscotti. Let the glaze harden then prep your biscotti to give as a gift, or store in a container.
To download the gift tag printable, click here then right-click + save.
Did you notice the recipe above doesn’t use any oil or butter? Enjoy this yummy goodness.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Starbucks Coffee Company. All opinions are my own.