Wednesday goodies: balance tape

Last weekend I was losing my mind with the crazy kid running around the house. I had quite a few deadlines I needed to meet, and the craziness was very distracting. Ha! SO, a random desperate thought came to mind: hmmm… she loves to balance, tell the husband to put a line of tape on the floor. Let’s pretend-balance!

It was a success. She was distracted, got a bit of energy out, and I got some work done. We’ve had the tape down since Saturday and she still loves it. I’ll probably pull it up this weekend, so I don’t have to deal with goopy tape later. BUT, for now… she gets a week of balance fun. Maybe we’ll try this trick again in a few months?

- Chelsey

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

If you have a Wednesday post, please feel free to link it up below. And, feel free to link up to these blogs too… Parenting by DummiesProject AliciaJenni from the Blog, and Live and Love Outloud.

17 Responses to “Wednesday goodies: balance tape”

1. Jenni says:

Great idea… may have to try it with my kiddo! Possibly use painters tape to avoid tape stickiness?

2. Cute! Great idea, I get the kids foam stickers they don't mess up the walls and let them decorate.

3. biti says:

Nice shots, and great idea :-) I have had to do that when I was young, with a book on my head. Thanks for WW.

4. Becky says:

Perfect dead of winter sanity relief activity!

5. Josie says:

this is a great idea. I teach montessori and the kids looove to walk on the circle line. Next time maybe she can try holding something like a bell and see how quiet it can be while she balances, or something on her head. :) you are a creative fantastic mom :)

6. GREAT idea! I have a toddler and take care of my friend's as well. This would be perfect for them!

Please feel free to drop by and share your own WW post with us at my Linky. :)

7. Meghan says:

Oh, that's a easy distraction! I've been meaning to do something similar for "tracks" for Q's trains so I don't have to keep tripping over train track pieces, but I keep forgetting.

8. pieni lintu says:

Great idea!!!

Cute photos! <3

9. TishaO says:

what a great idea!!
    i'm sure you've thought of plenty of good ideas, but I teach preschool gymnastics … she can walk sideways and backwards. we teach scales, knee scales, hopping on the beam, high kicks, walking on tip toes, etc. love this idea for preschoolers!!

10. Crystalyn says:

Her tiny balancing feet are so cute.