Do you remember last year when I shared a self portrait photo challenge with all of you? Well, I think it was a fantastic challenge that had a TON of interest and participants! I’m SO excited to do this challenge again. I can’t wait to see all you beautiful bloggers/readers!
When you put yourself out there in the blogging world, it’s almost impossible to avoid any negative comments. You can receive 100 fantastic and encouraging comments, and all it takes is that one damn negative comment to bring you down. I hate that it’s that way, but goodness… it’s how seems to be (P.S. See this comic, from The Oatmeal). I get a negative comment… somewhere in my social media… “Damn, you’re so ugly!” and that seems to be the only comment I hold on to and remember. In a sea of positive and lovely comments, that one stupid commenter sticks out. I don’t like it, but it’s there in the back of my mind.
I love the challenge of a self portrait. Even though I don’t love every photo taken of me, I have a bit more control when taking a self portrait. A quick candid snapshot usually means my chins will come out to say, “hello”. Ha! A self portrait gives me more control.
//Beautiful Mustard Bow from, Just Lovely Things//
Sooooo, what does all this mean? I want to see a self portrait from YOU. Yup, you. Beautiful you. Share this photo on your blog, tumblr, flickr, or Instagram… and link that URL to my linky tools (at the bottom of this post). One lovely participant will have a chance to win a camera from me! Yeah! This challenge is NOT based on photography skills/style. The winner will be chosen at random. ALL you have to do is share your image below. I can’t wait to see you! <3
This year I’ve decided to share an Instax mini 8 prize for the challenge! What? Yeah. All you have to do is share a self portrait of yourself and you’re entered. Simple as that. Plus, share a bit of info about you at the moment. For me…
Getting myself more organized. I am attempting to create and editorial calendar for the year. Goodness, I hope it works out. I need to be more prepared.
Like I said above, working on getting myself organized. PLUS, working on so many DIY’s and blog posts and DRAWINGS!
My kiddo’s schooling. I’ve been throwing around the idea of homeschooling. BUT… that’s a major maybe. I have never seen myself as a teacher, but I am willing to look into this a bit more. We’ll see.
Planning the upcoming PNW Blogger meet up for this Spring!
The most recent episode of Downton Abbey.
I had a bit of yummy chocolate. ANNNNnnnnd, a glass of wonderful wine.
I was more organized and had more time in the day.
What can you win?
– To enter, link up your blog post to my linky below. (Please don’t link to FB pages, I wont be able to view your image).
– Post must include a self photo of you. It can be an old photo if you’d like… but, why not take a new one?
– Please link back to my blog on your post. You can copy and paste this link if you’d like: ” Linking up with The Paper Mama for her Self Photo Challenge! ”
– Share what is currently going on in your life. You are welcome to follow my “Currently” prompt.
– If you enter this challenge: All photos entered into my Self Photo Challenge may/will be shared in a blog post(s), on The Paper Mama blog. There will always be a link back to the photographer’s URL (instagram) that was shared.
– PG please.
– One entry per person.
– One winner will be chosen at random from Random.org.
– The last day to enter a photo is on February 28th, 2013 11:59 PST.
– Good luck!
P.S. The sweet bow in my photos is from, Just Lovely Things. It’s my favorite hair piece at the moment!