Day 9: Homemade Apple Chips

Day 9: Today I’m sharing a simple homemade apple chips recipe! Only two ingredients. These little treats are delicious! My kiddo calls them “Dessert”. They would also be perfect to give as a hostess gift. Here’s how I made it:

Ingredients:

- 2 Apple (Honey Crisp’s are perfect, since they’re so sweet)

- Cinnamon

Directions:

- Slice up your apples. You’ll need them all to be about the same size. You could use a mandoline, but if you don’t have one use a knife (and try and cut them all the same size).

- Optional: cut out the cores. You don’t have to, but I like to.

- Sprinkle on some cinnamon and rub it into the apple slices.

- Place your apple slices on a baking sheet, and place in a 190 degree oven.

- Now, let them bake for 3 – 6 hours. That’s quite the range of time, but it will depend on how thick your apple slices are. Test them out every 30 to 60 minutes.

- When your apples are ready, pull them out of the oven and let them cool. Place them in an airtight container (a jar, perhaps) for storage.

- You’re done!

You can share this with your family for a treat, or add a gift tag and share them as a gift for a hostess!

- Chelsey

To keep up with my 50 DIY Days, click here:

12 Responses to “Day 9: Homemade Apple Chips”

1. Janie says:

Yummy! I have to try this!!!

2. katiivey says:

Yum! I'll have to buy some honeycrisp and try these :)

3. Mmm, these look good, and also like a fun snack for a toddler! I'm desperately trying to come up with more toddler-friendly snack recipes these days. Thanks for sharing!

4. Janie says:

I LOVE apple chips!! I picture myself eating them next to a virtual fire with a warm mug of apple cider. Johnny Appleseed would be proud of you. Beautiful pictures.

5. sigh says:

“You don’t have to, but I like too.”

Usage of the word “too” is incorrect, it should be “to”.

I suggest you review some grammar and word usage if you are going to be writing a blog.

• admin says:

Thank you for taking the time, out of your busy day, to mention this. I’m now reconsidering blogging. I might just quit altogether. I can’t believe I missed that in my edits, and I’m sorry to ruin your day with my poor grammar and punctuation. I may need to quit blogging, so you don’t have to read my terrible writing anymore.

6. Love this! Totally doing it this weekend for the kids.

7. Lura says:

These looks great. I usually make mine in a dehydrator because I can't make them in the oven to save my life. I'll have to give it another try. Do you use parchment paper?

Lura