Day 25: This is a recipe I shared a year and a half ago, and with Thanksgiving tomorrow…. I really think this needed to be shared AHgain. The last couple of years my hubs has been making this dip to bring over for the holidays. It’s SO bad for your heart, but great for your soul? Ha. Ok, quick… run (or drive) to the store and get these ingredients! VERY worth it!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
By, Mike… the Paper Papa
- 2 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, room temp
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheese (combine: monteray jack, pepper jack, mozzarella, chedder)
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (4 oz) can of green chiles
- 1 (4 oz) can of jalapenos
- 1-2 cups panko bread crumbs mixed with additional
- ½ cup of finely grated parmesan cheese
- ½ stick melted butter
Combine first 7 ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth and everything is mixed. Transfer mixture to your serving dish (flat casserole dish works well) with room at the top to eventually put bread crumb mixture. Cover mixture with plastic wrap and put in fridge for a few hours at least (tastes better if made a few hours ahead). An hour or so before baking, take mixture out of fridge. Melt butter in microwave. Mix panko and ½ cup parmesan together and then mix with butter until all coated. Transfer panko mixture to top of dip and spread evenly making sure to pack it down well. Bake when ready at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes or until a butter knife placed down in center of dip mixture comes out very warm.
Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!