It’s official, my sister is home from New Zealand. If you don’t know, she lives there 90% of the time. She’s about to get all married and stuff (August 11th) to a Kiwi (p.s. that’s what they call New Zealander’s… Kiwi’s). ANYway, that got me inspired to create some sort of out of town guest gift. Something cute for my bathroom when guests are here.
Introducing: the Doily Soap Cozy. These are perfect for increasing the amount of lather… not to mention the adorableness… to a bar of soap. Each Doily Soap Cozy took me 10 minutes to create. Cost: $3 each (2 for the doily and 1 for the soap). OF course… you could always make the doily yourself… but, there’s no way I could make a doily and then turn it into a soap lathering tool. That’s why I found these guys at a local craft shop.
Enough of my babble… here’s how you can make some for yourself.
- A favorite bar of soap (preferably with rounded edges)
- 1 small doily (mine was around 6 inches)
- Stretchy cord string
- Upholstery needle (you need a needle with a big eye)
1. Do a test run with the doily and the soap. Wrap the doily around the soap: Is there a lot of excess material? Then you may need to trim the doily. I trimmed enough so there was about a 1/2 inch of overlap, when I wrapped the doily over the soap.
2. Once your material is all trimmed to size, it’s time to stitch the soap in there. Using your upholstery needle and stretchy cord string… sew your soap up.
3. You are done. OR, you can make these little soap goodies into favors or gifts. Add one of my gift tags to your soap. The printout can be found here (right click + save).
Happy Tuesday everyone! Stay clean. Ha!
Join the 14 million people who have already joined the Clean Hands campaign by using Kleenex Hand Towels, and click here for savings and more! Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content. I was compensated for this post as a member of Clever Girls Collective, but the content is all my own.