Pie + a birthday.

{My Style://Sweater: f21//necklace: f21//pants: f21//halloween socks: Target//Boots: f21}

We celebrated my sweet grammy’s birthday this last Sunday. I made a pie for her birthday treat. I must say… it was delicious. Oh goodness. So good. Apple pie is one of my favorite. In case you’re curious…. here’s the filling and pie crust recipe I used. Both wonderful recipes. I’ve made many a apple pies in my life… I think this pie crust recipe I use was the best! It’s all about getting the right balance. This recipe has balance.

Yes, I know… I don’t like cooking… but, I love baking pie. I’m weird.

My outfit for the day was so very relaxed. Yes, I wore Halloween socks over my pants. Ha! I was cold. BUT, very comfy. Plus, my family liked my outfit. Hee hee.

Linking up with Mandy from Harper’s Happenings

41 Responses to “Pie + a birthday.”

1. [...] pie? Mine is always apple. I share links to a filling and pie crust recipe I used this year, in this post (it was delicious). Happy [...]

2. These pictures are most fabulous (and yummy looking indeed!)

3. Nicole says:

I think I have those same boots. I wear them to work. Grammy looks pretty.

4. Holly says:

That pie looks delicious! Also, love your socks!

5. Elena says:

I need a paper towel, I just drooled all over my keyboard. My favorite is apple pie too! I could go for a piece right now!

6. laurenbtrain says:

Grammy is SO cute! Happy Birthday to her!

7. lifewithkaishon says:

I just love Grammys! Love, LOVE, LOVE them! I miss both of mine so much. There is something so magically wonderful about them. They are iresistable. Just like your pie!

8. Jen says:

oh my gosh! that pie looks AMAZING! i might just have to try baking one… although i've only ever baked one pie in my entire life. gotta start somewhere, right!? :)

9. Char says:

The pie looks amazingly yummy! And btw, super cute socks. Happy Wordless Wednesday!
    Cheers,
    Char

10. sarah says:

you are such a doll. can we please be friends in real life!?

11. SarahSchultz says:

Apple pie is my all-time favorite dessert hands down. I'm glad my grandma taught me how to make her recipe, so good I'll never try another! Also, isn't AllRecipes.com great? They have an awesome iPhone/iPad app too! Never need another cook book!

12. Stephanie says:

Yum, your pie looks delicious! :0

13. Laura says:

Oh, I'm definitely going to have to give that recipe a go–I always enjoy baking so much more than cooking but I've been too intimitated to even try a pie yet. Maybe this is the week to do it! :D

14. roxana says:

i have a birthday! you can bake me pie. youre welcome. its actually my favorite. and chocolate cake. hard to pick between the two.

15. Mel says:

MmmmmMMMMMMmmmmm! And…. you look funky-fabulous!!

And… from last week's teepee project… here's that tablecloth playhouse I finally finished – more inspiration for your sweet one too maybe?! http://needleandnestdesign.blogspot.ca/2012/04/dr

Mel :o)

16. Teresa / Goose says:

I have those same Target socks! I just think of them as my "punk rock socks" since they have skulls on them!

17. candice says:

that looks amazing. apple pie is my all time favorite dessert!

18. Mel says:

MmmmmMMMMMMmmmmm! And…. you look funky-fabulous!!

Mel :o)

19. mmm this looks delicious! I love pie but I've never tried making it.

20. alyson says:

That pie looks delicious! Your grandma (and you) is adorable!! Happy Birthday to her!

21. Jennifer says:

I wear my skull halloween socks all year long, they are always in season! ;)

22. Courtney says:

Seriously. hate cooking.

love baking pie.

I don’t even eat pie.

It’s just really fun to bake.

Plus it makes me feel like increased sexy domestic wifeyness.

or whatever ;)

23. Jess Judkins says:

That pie looks divine! I was just thinking yesterday that I need to find a good apple pie recipe to bake, we bought way to many granny smith apples this past grocery trip and I don't want them to go bad and yes I prefer baking over cooking, I think thats why I always make baked chicken or pork chops. I know how to manage an over better than stove top.

How cute are you and your granny! I love her sweet little smile :-) wish her happy birthday for me
    xo

24. Jillian says:

Love those socks!!! I am totally going to try that pie. Looks scrumptious!!