Delicious Apple Pie

{My Style://Sweater: f21//necklace: f21//pants: f21//halloween socks: Target//Boots: f21}

We celebrated my sweet grammy’s birthday this last Sunday. I made a pie for her birthday treat. I must say… it was delicious. Oh goodness. So good. Apple pie is one of my favorite. In case you’re curious…. here’s the filling and pie crust recipe I used to make this delicious apple pie. Both wonderful recipes. I’ve made many a apple pies in my life… I think this pie crust recipe I use was the best! It’s all about getting the right balance. This recipe has balance.

Yes, I know… I don’t like cooking, but I love baking pie. I’m weird.

My outfit for the day was so very relaxed. Yes, I wore Halloween socks over my pants. Ha! I was cold. BUT, very comfy. Plus, my family liked my outfit. Hee hee.

Linking up with Mandy from Harper’s Happenings

– Chelsey

Tags: , ,

Categories: favorite posts, food, sweets

• Pingback: DIY-ify: Get ready, it’s baking season! | BHG Style Spotters

• Nicole on said:

I think I have those same boots. I wear them to work. Grammy looks pretty.

• Holly on said:

That pie looks delicious! Also, love your socks!

• Elena on said:

I need a paper towel, I just drooled all over my keyboard. My favorite is apple pie too! I could go for a piece right now!

• lifewithkaishon on said:

I just love Grammys! Love, LOVE, LOVE them! I miss both of mine so much. There is something so magically wonderful about them. They are iresistable. Just like your pie!

• Jen on said:

oh my gosh! that pie looks AMAZING! i might just have to try baking one… although i've only ever baked one pie in my entire life. gotta start somewhere, right!? :)

• Char on said:

The pie looks amazingly yummy! And btw, super cute socks. Happy Wordless Wednesday!

• sarah on said:

you are such a doll. can we please be friends in real life!?

• SarahSchultz on said:

Apple pie is my all-time favorite dessert hands down. I'm glad my grandma taught me how to make her recipe, so good I'll never try another! Also, isn't great? They have an awesome iPhone/iPad app too! Never need another cook book!

• Laura on said:

Oh, I'm definitely going to have to give that recipe a go–I always enjoy baking so much more than cooking but I've been too intimitated to even try a pie yet. Maybe this is the week to do it! 😀

• The Paper Mama on said:

It was so good. I doubled up the crust recipe (because it was only for a bottom crust… and, I think pies need top crusts). 😀

• roxana on said:

i have a birthday! you can bake me pie. youre welcome. its actually my favorite. and chocolate cake. hard to pick between the two.

• Teresa / Goose on said:

I have those same Target socks! I just think of them as my "punk rock socks" since they have skulls on them!

• candice on said:

that looks amazing. apple pie is my all time favorite dessert!

• alyson on said:

That pie looks delicious! Your grandma (and you) is adorable!! Happy Birthday to her!

• Jennifer on said:

I wear my skull halloween socks all year long, they are always in season! 😉

• Courtney on said:

Seriously. hate cooking.

love baking pie.

I don’t even eat pie.

It’s just really fun to bake.

Plus it makes me feel like increased sexy domestic wifeyness.

or whatever 😉

• The Paper Mama on said:

Ha ha ha. I really only eat apple pie. It's my favorite. Haven't seen your in a while! Congrats on the pregnancy. :)

• Jess Judkins on said:

That pie looks divine! I was just thinking yesterday that I need to find a good apple pie recipe to bake, we bought way to many granny smith apples this past grocery trip and I don't want them to go bad and yes I prefer baking over cooking, I think thats why I always make baked chicken or pork chops. I know how to manage an over better than stove top.

How cute are you and your granny! I love her sweet little smile :-) wish her happy birthday for me

• Jillian on said:

Love those socks!!! I am totally going to try that pie. Looks scrumptious!!

• The Paper Mama on said:

It is! And, I forgot to note that I replaced the white sugar with a half cup of apricot jam.

Leave a comment!