Bacon Hearts

Hello hello! Last Valentine’s Day I shared my super budget gift for my hubs: heart shaped bacon! Yup! So easy… so simple. And, he loved it! (of course… it’s bacon). I will be making these again this year… you know it! So, I wanted to share how I did this again… that way you can share this goodness with your loved ones. <3

How I made this treasure:
Bacon of Hearts
- 12 slices of bacon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Cut your bacon slices in half. Use 2 pieces of the cut in half bacon and shape them into a heart on a sheet pan (make sure this pan has sides so the grease doesn’t get all over your oven!). Bake for 18 – 25 minutes (or until done). Serve however you’d like for your loved one. Extra credit if you dip the bacon in chocolate! Yum! This year I think I’ll put these bacon hearts on a yummy homemade ceasar salad.
I do hope you enjoy! P.S. Even the pioneer woman liked my bacon hearts… that made my day. Woo hoo! Let me know if you’ll be making these!

Here’s the original post if you’d like to check it out.

61 Responses to “Bacon Hearts”

1. emily says:

would chicken bacon work or does it have to be original bacon? thanks!

2. [...] next inspiration was from this blog.  I had pinned this a while ago but never executed it…until now.  I decided to sweeten the [...]

3. [...] Well if you you are doing the Whole30 thing like me when St Patrick’s day comes around the last thing you will be consuming is beer and corned beef, that is unless you can find a grain free beer and a preservative free corned beef! So what is a caveman to do in order to celebrate you ask! Grab a slab of uncured bacon and make Bacon shamrocks of course! The following recipe was inspired by http://thepapermama.com/2012/02/bacon-hearts.html [...]

4. vivian says:

Once the bacon is baked, does it hold the heart shape?
    I'm not at all bacon-savvy, so I would like some bacon knowledge! (:

5. Jen says:

Ok, I am pretty cooking illiterate…. How would you dip these in chocolate? Since they are just laid on top of each other to bake, wouldn't they fall apart? I LOVE the idea though, we had chocolate covered bacon a few years ago for christmas, they were amazing! I would live to make these for my hubby for Valentines :)

• Hmmm… well, this will depend on the type of bacon. I have had issues with some bacon being too… tough? It wouldn't hold it's shape. You'll need floppy bacon. That will work best. Press the intersected bacon heart parts together. Baking should "glue them".

BUT, I feel if you're dipping them in chocolate you might want to use a skewer to hold it together. Soak your skewer in water for about an hour (so it doesn't burn in the oven) and skewer the intersected bacon parts. Bake. Dip in chocolate. I hope that works! Good luck!

6. Donna says:

My nine year old daughter and I are making these for my husband this morning for breakfast. He will love them!! Thanks for the idea!

7. [...]  http://thepapermama.com/2012/02/bacon-hearts.html [...]

8. [...]  http://thepapermama.com/2012/02/bacon-hearts.html [...]

9. Quinn says:

Do you think this tecnique words for the bacon roses, too? I want to make both for my husband.

10. [...] with a surprise breakfast…heart-shaped cinnamon rolls, heart-shaped bacon (Thank you, Paper Mama!), and Valentine red strawberries!  We had heart-shaped plates, heart-adorned cups, and ruby red [...]

11. Catherine says:

Made these tonight and they were a huge hit. Thank you!

12. [...] (ours waffle iron makes them look like hearts), heart-shaped bacon, and fresh (not from bottled syrup) strawberry [...]

13. Sharon says:

I’m making these out of turkey bacon cause we are dieting and putting dark chocolate on them. Can’t wait. Thanks

14. Brad says:

Cant do it this morning I work third she works first, have to make them this weekend to make up for it.

15. Diana says:

I made these bacon hearts for my hubby's Valentine's Day breakfast. You can see that post here. I linked to you!

16. Jessica says:

I made these this morning along with heart shaped pancakes and heart shaped eggs. Sadly I overcooked the bacon and they came out as very small crispy hearts. Oh well next time I will turn the temp of the oven down. My boyfriend still appreciated the effort. Thanks for the great idea!

17. rubia says:

I tried. I failed. Then again, I tried on the stove top. I couldn’t get good shapes. But honestly, who is going to reject bacon in any shape??

18. Thank you for this great idea! I made them this weekend for our Valentine’s Brunch. Mine didnt turn out nearly as nice as yours though! I linked back to you on my post today. If you’d like to stop by and check it out, here’s the link: http://bit.ly/wrMudP
    thanks again for the inspiration!

19. Jessica says:

I am making these tomorrow morning for breakfast with heart shaped pancakes, strawberry jelly and strawberries cut in half :) Thank you!

20. Nick says:

These are awesome! I actually made something really similar for my wife for Valentine's day, except that I used heart-shaped metal cookie cutters to form my bacon hearts. Then I covered them in chocolate of course! http://dudefoods.com/chocolate-covered-bacon-hear

21. Men's breakfast and prayer meeting at our church, every Tuesday morning. Making these for 40, tomorrow! =)

Blessings,

PK

22. Jessica says:

This is a great idea! ALL men love bacon, and food is totally better than a cheesy craft (in my opinion). Thanks so much for the idea! :)

23. [...] my head when I saw this incredibly easy, inexpensive and adorable Valentine’s Day idea from The Paper Mama.  DUH! Why didn’t I ever think of that?  Definitely trying this tomorrow [...]

24. Andrea says:

Awesome. I’m totally doing this on Tuesday morning! <3

25. Mindy says:

This is going to make my boyfriend’s morning on VDay! So excited.

26. Diana says:

These are awesome! My hubby is going to be THRILLED when I make them for him. I host a weekly meme called Thematic Thursday. Each week has a theme and this would be perfect for this week’s Valentine’s theme.

27. Natasha says:

I have bacon in freezer that I meant to cook up, but never did (I'm not a fan of cooking bacon). I'm so excited to finally cook it up on Valentine's day! This looks nice and simple and my husband will love it!

28. Tabitha says:

That looks amazing. So trying it tonight.

Tab

29. Jen says:

what a great idea, I am going to make this for my 5 year old who loves bacon and all things "heart" shaped :) Thank you for sharing!

30. Who knew bacon could be cute?!

31. Sandi says:

My local pizza shop is selling heart shaped pizza pie! I think the bacon hearts will be an amazing topping!! Thank you!

32. NaomiAnselmo says:

Ummm I'd actually like to be given a plate of these myself, haha!

33. Great idea! My hubs would love this!

34. candice says:

Just pinned this so I can bake some yummy goodness on Valentine's Day! I'm sure my DD will get a kick out of it too. :)

35. Elizabeth says:

LOVE this idea! I was planning on surprising my husband and girls with a Valentine's Day breakfast…already got stuff to decorate the table, but hadn't figured out the menu just yet. This will definitely be a part of it! Thank you for the awesome, but frugal idea! =)

36. Heather says:

Ooh those look so good!! Congrats about the PW liking them too!! The original post link appears to be broken. :(